- Aquaculture Management Courses
- Aquaculture Apprenticeships
- Aquaculture Short Courses
- Safety Training Courses
- Workboat Courses
- Other Courses
Most courses can be delivered at employers' sites, or elsewhere, subject to the availability of suitable facilities and equipment.
We can also offer bespoke courses to meet specific training needs.
Please contact us for further information.
Aquacuture Management Courses
This Continuing Professional Development course is a 9-month programme delivered by flexible online distance learningleading to a diploma-level qualification in in Aquaculture Management. It is is applicable to a wide range of different types of aquaculture.
This Technical Apprenticeship is a 24-month programme enabling experienced senior-level fish farm staff to obtain a degree-level qualification while working in the aquaculture industry.
- Aquaculture Apprenticeship Overview
- Modern Apprenticeship in Aquaculture (SCQF Level 5) - for new and less-experienced staff.
- Modern Apprenticeship in Aquaculture (SCQF Level 7) - for more experienced staff.
- Technical Apprenticeship in Aquaculture Management (SCQF Level 9) - for senior staff and managers.
Aquaculture Short Courses
- Biosecurity in Aquaculture (1/2 day)
- Fish Farm Containment - Introduction (1 day OR by distance learning)
- Fish Health - Introductory (1 day)
- Fish Health - Advanced (2 day)
- Fish Welfare (1 or 2 day course OR by distance learning)
- Internal Auditing Techniques for Aquaculture (1 day)
- RAS Water Quality Awareness (1/2 day)
- Sea Lice Identification and Recording (1/2 day)
Safety Training Courses
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 (2 days)
- Workboat Skipper Part 1 (10 days)
- Workboat Skipper Part 2 (4 days)
- MCA Approved Engine Course (AEC) - Part I (5 days)
- Short Range (VHF) Radio Operator's Certificate (SRC) (2 days)
- Forklift Truck Operation (1, 2 or 3 days, depending on experience)
- Vocational Pathways: Aquaculture (schools - S3 & S4)
Full list of courses offered by the NAFC Marine Centre.