Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD)
This courses is intended for seafarers who have designated security duties on board a merchant ship under the Ship Security Plan (SSP) which is required to comply with the International Ship and Port Facilities Security (IPSP) Code.
It equips seafarers to meet the knowledge, understanding and proficiency requirements set out in the STCW Code and supporting chapter XI-2 of the annex of the International Convention for the Safety of Life at sea (SOLAS) 1974 and the ISPS Code.
There are no formal entrance requirements. However this course is designed primarily for ship-board watch keepers (bridge and gangway watch) and private security personnel engaged in ship security duties.
Topics covered during this course include:
- Introduction to port and ship security including roles and responsibilities of organizations and individual
- Security vulnerabilities, equipment, drills & exercises
- Effectiveness of security plans, arrangements, procedures and measures at different security levels
- Procedures to provide an appropriate response to emergency situations
- Factors affecting crowd management and appropriate crowd control techniques
There is a written assessment at the end of the course.
This is a 1 day course delivered at the NAFC Marine Centre.
Please contact us for further dates.
(Fees are subject to change without notice.)