Moder Dy is a twin-engined 12.5 metre motor vessel.
Moder Dy is equipped for a variety of sampling and surveying tasks, including benthic sampling and surveying, environmental monitoring, seabed profiling and ROV and camera surveys, and for nautical training.
The Moder Dy is classed as an MCA Category 2 workboat.
- Length: 12.5 metres (overall)
- Breadth: 5.0 metres
- Draft: 1.8 metres
- Speed: 10 knots
Propulsion & Machinery
- 2 x Caterpillar main engines
- 240 volt generators
- hydraulic capstan on foredeck
- hydraulic sampling winch on afterdeck (250kg capacity)
Personnel & Accommodation
The Moder Dy can carry up to 10 passengers, in addition to her two crew.
She has a fully equipped galley, mess room and toilet, and has sleeping accommodation for seven persons (including the crew).
- 2 x Furuno radars
- Seiwa chart plotter
- Olex chart plotter
- Transas chart plotter
- Satellite compass
- VHF radios
- Furuno GP 50 mark 3
- Furuno Waas, GP32
- Shipmate RS 5660S D-GPS Receiver
- Hemisphere VS111
- Furuno SC-30, NMEA 2000 with IF-NMEASC interface
- WASSP WMB-160F hull-mounted multi-beam echosounder
- GeoPulse GeoAccoustics Pinger sub-bottom profiler
- Micro Seacam Hi-Res digitial colour camera
- Sony Super HAD CCD recorder
- Benthic grabs
Additional customer-supplied equipment can also be installed.
Moder Dy Fact Sheet (pdf)