The Fisheries Science team at NAFC Marine Centre UHI has extensive experience in the provision of industry focused research and development projects. We work closely with industry partners to ensure that our applied research and development meets with your specific requirements. This approach is somewhat unique in that the impact of project outputs are placed above academic progression, but this still demands that the highly applied activities are robust, well managed, and impartial. An interdisciplinary approach within the department means that we can respond rapidly to requests from industry in what can be a quickly changing environment.
Services which we can provide include:
- Development of data driven management plans for inshore fisheries
- Management of data collection programmes for scientific data and logbook returns
- Audit of current data collection and management regimes
- Support for achieving certification standards e.g. MSC accreditation
- Independent data handling, storage, and assessment
- Advice on cost effective fisheries research projects
- Management framework development
- Spatial management plans and policy development
Contact us to discuss your project requirements.