Non-native Species & Biosecurity Planning Publications
Identification documents and recording:
- An Identification Guide: Marine Aliens & Climate Change Indicator Species
- Introduced Species Recording Form
Non-native species best practice guidance documents:
- Biosecurity Plan for the Shetland Islands
- Help Keep Shetland Clean: Boat Cleaning Leaflet
- Invasive Non-native Species: Information for Ports & Harbours
- Invasive Non-native Species: Information for the Aquaculture Industry
- Marine Aliens: Information for Marinas & Marine Users
- Shelmerdine, R. L., Mouat, B. & Shucksmith, R. (2017)The most northerly record of feral Pacific oyster Crassostrea gigas (Thunberg, 1793) in the British Isles. BioInvasions Records. 6, 1: 57-60
- Collin, S. B., Tweddle, J. F., & Shucksmith, R. (2015) Rapid assessment of marine non-native species in the Shetland Islands, Scotland. Bioinvasions Records 4(3): 147-155.
- Shucksmith, R. and Shelmerdine, R. L. (2015) A risk based approach to non-native species management and biosecurity planning. Marine Policy 59: 32-43.