Privacy Statement - Vocational Pathways Students
Shetland Fisheries Training Centre Trust trading as the NAFC Marine Centre UHI (NAFC) is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) under registration number 26072360, as required by the Data Protection Act 1998.
The NAFC collects, processes and stores data about its students, staff, contractors and other parties in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
The NAFC is committed to ensuring that the processing of personal data is only undertaken in the legitimate operation of NAFC’s business, for the purposes of running its business, administering educational programmes and providing certification or awards.
Who Sees Your Personal Data?
The personal data that you supply to the NAFC is held securely and may be processed by our contracted third parties and partner colleges: Train Shetland, Shetland College UHI and the Highlands and Islands University (UHI).
Where you have given us consent we will use photographs, video recordings, sound recordings or texts publicly to promote the NAFC Marine Centre and University of the Highlands and Islands and its projects.
- Your data will be processed fairly, lawfully and transparently.
- We will not use your data for any purpose other than those we specifically collected it for.
- Whether we collect your personal data verbally, by paper form or on line, we will only ever collect the data we need to perform the task you are requesting and no more.
- We will only keep your data for as long it is necessary.
- We will ensure that your data is kept safe.
- Your data will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area.
Some of our enrolment forms ask you to tick boxes if you wish to give us your consent for things such as taking part in surveys or allowing us to use your likeness for the purposes of promoting NAFC.
You do not need to consent and if you don’t it will not affect your acceptance to your course.
If you have given your consent, you can always change your mind later. All you have to do is contact our Data Protection Officer and we will arrange to remove your consent.
We may process your personal data so that we can invite you to the annual Prize Giving Ceremony and find out how many of your guests will attend.
Any information you provide relating to you or your guest or to any disability and access needs, will only be used to make reasonable adjustments at the ceremony concerned and the information will be discarded after the ceremony. During the ceremony, if you have won an award, your name will be read out along with the award title and a photographer will take a photograph of you accepting your award.
If you don’t wish us to take your photograph, please indicate this to the Student Support Officer prior to the event or to the photographer during the event.
If you cannot attend the ceremony someone will stand in and accept the award for you.
We will ask for your consent before we publish your photograph and/or name and award to promote the Prize Giving Ceremony, its awards and the NAFC, via local, national and social media.
The NAFC will keep records of past winners including names engraved on awards, photographs displayed on the college’s walls and may also archive photographs for historic interest.
You can withdraw your consent for us to publicize or store your photograph, name and the award received at any time, however, we can only prevent future publication from the date you officially inform us you’ve withdrawn your consent, not erase publications prior to that date.
To withdraw consent to the use of your personal data please email our Data Protection Officer firstname.lastname@example.org .
Your Rights Under GDPR
- Your data should be correct and up to date and if it’s not, you have the right to have it corrected.
- In some circumstances you may have the right to be “forgotten” which means that your data could be deleted.
- You can object to how your data is being processed or ask us to restrict its processing. We would have to take into consideration our legal, statutory and business obligations before we agreed to make any changes, however, we would consider it seriously and explain transparently if where we can’t oblige.
- If you have given your consent, you can change your mind.
- You have the right to access the data that NAFC holds on you. If you request a copy of this data, you have the right to use it elsewhere.
The NAFC will periodically review and update their Student Privacy Statement to provide improved clarity, ensure processing fairness and keep abreast of any changes in the law.
If you have any problems regarding your personal data or wish to exercise any of your rights, by making a data request, our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at email@example.com .
If you are unhappy with our handling of your data you can complain to the ICO.
Information Commissioner's Office
45 Melville Street
Tel: 0303 123 1115
NAFC Marine Centre is the trading name of Shetland Fisheries Training Centre Trust
Scottish Charity Number SC003715
The Trust is a Management Agent for Shetland Island Council