Elementary First Aid (STCW)
This 1-day course provides basic knowledge of the immediate steps to be taken in response to annaccident or medical emergency at sea.
It is required by most people working at sea.
The course covers a variety of both theoretical and practical topics, including:
- Applying immediate first aid in the event of an accident or injury
- Actions on discovering a casualty
- Examining a casualty
- Resuscitation (CPR)
- Recovery position
- Fractures and spinal injuries
- Bleeding, burns and shock
- Medical conditions (including heart attacks and asthma)
- Transporting a casualty
This is a 1 day course delivered at the NAFC Marine Centre.
- 29 April
- 30 April
- 19 June
Please contact the NAFC Marine Centre for further dates.
(Fees are subject to change without notice.)