Under 16.5m Skippers Ticket
This package of courses enables students to obtain the Under 16.5m Skippers Ticket.
Holders of this ticket are qualified to command a UK registered fishing boat up to 16.5 metres in length anywhere*, or a workboat up to 16.5 metres in length with up to 12 passengers within 20 nautical miles of a safe haven*.
* with a 5 day watchkeeping course.
Candidates must have at least 18 months proven sea-time on a commercial fishing boat.
The Under 16.5 metre Skipper's Ticket can be awarded on the successful completion of the following individual certificated courses:
- Personal Survival Techniques (1 day)
- Elementary First Aid (1 day)
- Basic Fire Fighting and Prevention (1 day)
- Basic Health and Safety (1 day)
- Safety Awareness (1 day)
- Bridge Watch-Keeping (5 day)
- MCA Approved Engine Course (AEC) - Part I (5 day)
- Stability Awareness for Fishermen (1 day)
- Short Range (VHF) Radio Operator's Certificate (SRC) (2 day)
The short courses required to obtain the Under 16.5 metre Ticket require a total of 15 days.
Please note that NAFC does not normally offer these courses in a single block, but as a series of stand-alone courses over a period of time.
Please see individual courses (above) for dates, or contact the NAFC Marine Centre.
Please see individual courses (above) for fees or .